WE ARE OPEN!
At Peak Physical Therapy, your health and well-being is our top priority.
As we adjust and bring things back to normal, we will be contacting patients gradually for in-house sessions and continuing with Telehealth appointments.
When you do come in, you will find some changes at Peak Physical Therapy, to ensure the safety and health of all our patients and staff.
If you do have an in-house appointment, we will require your insurance information prior to your appointment to limit the amount of time you have to be in the clinic to ensure your safety.
When patients are in the building, you will see a few differences:
- Be prepared upon arrival to answer the questions from the screening assessment tool created by the Government of Alberta. If you've been out of the country, are feeling unwell, have been in contact with someone who is or may be COVID positive, we will be happy to treat you in the comfort of your own home via Telehealth. If all those are a no, we'll be ready share our hands on skills with you!
- Our therapists will be wearing a mask. Please bring your own as well to ensure your safety and ours. We have a very limited supply of masks so will have to charge you a fee of $2 to use ours which we will then donate to the FoodBank.
- We have sneezeguards installed on the reception desk.
- Each therapist will be in their own "pod" and we will be scheduling fewer people in general to allow for complete disinfecting between clients and to maintain social distancing.
- There will be markers on the floor to direct "traffic flow" and keep social distancing at the front desk
- Proper and frequent hand washing, hand sanitizing, limiting contact points, cleaning and disinfecting, sneeze/cough etiquette will all be in place
- Fewer touch points, which include: doors propped open, no magazines, ushered straight to your treatment room upon arrival, direct billing to your insurer and secure storage of your credit card for payments, all to minimize time and touch points.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Peak Physical Therapy include:
- All of our linens are single use and are cleaned using detergent on high heat
Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use with hospital grade disinfectant
- Our clinics are fully equipped with hand washing stations as well as hand sanitizer
Cleaning high-touch areas with medical grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools)
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly between treating each patient
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Additional training to our staff on increased sanitization/hand hygiene recommendations
- Advising our staff to stay home if they are feeling unwell or have travelled by air in the last 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
- Staff will wear masks when treating patients
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above
- Monitoring information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendations
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. At Peak Physical Therapy, we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other.
The steps that we have put in place are due both to our love for our patients but also for our great staff who are here for our patients.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Wash their hands prior to entering our facility and use hand sanitizer in our lobby. If we are out of sanitizer, the sinks in the gym area and patient washrooms should be used.
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if you are feeling unwell, have travelled by air in the previous 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
Telehealth is a great alternative to in-house sessions. The therapist can see how you are doing and functioning in your home environment. All we require is your email address, and all you need is your device of choice - smartphone, tablet, computer etc. We will work with you to create a strategy for managing your pain at home. A few minutes before your appoinment time, you will receive an email with a prompt to "join now." Simply click on that link and the video platfrom will launch.
Call us at 403-328-7325 to book your appointment either in-house or through telehealth.
At Peak Physical Therapy, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
The team @ Peak Physical Therapy