PLEASE NOTE THAT MASKS ARE STILL REQUIRED IN OUR FACILITY
At Peak Physical Therapy, your health and well-being is our top priority. We dislike wearing mask as much as anyone but in order to protect all our clients, masks are still a must even if you have been completely vaccinated.If you are unable to wear a mask, we can arrange for a video appointment. If you have forgotten yours, we will be able to provide you with one.
If you are feeling unwell we ask that you stay home and we will be happy to treat you in the comfort of your own home via Telehealth. If the answers to the questions are a no, we'll be ready share our hands on skills with you!
Other measures that remain in place:
- We have sneezeguards installed on the reception desk.
- Proper and frequent hand washing, hand sanitizing, limiting contact points, cleaning and disinfecting, sneeze/cough etiquette will all be in place
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Peak Physical Therapy include:
- All of our linens arecleaned after each use with detergent on high heat
- Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use with hospital grade disinfectant
- Our clinic is fully equipped with hand washing stations as well as hand sanitizer
- Cleaning high-touch areas with medical grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools)
- Our staff sanitize or wash their hands thoroughly between treating each patient
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Our staff are all fully vaccinated
- Staff wear surgical quality masks and protective goggles while treating patients. Staff wear masks continuously while in the building. Masks are removed while eating lunch- our breaks have been staggered to decrease the number of people in our break room at any one time
- Our private rooms are equipped with HEPA filter air purifiers with UV light
- We monitor information from our health authorities and licensing bodies to adjust our plan based on recommendations
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. At Peak Physical Therapy, we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other.
The steps that we have put in place are due both to our love for our patients but also for our great staff who are here for our patients.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Wash their hands prior to entering our facility and use hand sanitizer in our lobby. If we are out of sanitizer, the sinks in the gym area and patient washrooms should be used.
- Reschedule appointments for a future date or change your appointment to a teleheath if you are feeling unwell
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
Telehealth is a great alternative to in-house sessions. The therapist can see how you are doing and functioning in your home environment. All we require is your email address, and all you need is your device of choice - smartphone, tablet, computer etc. We will work with you to create a strategy for managing your pain at home. A few minutes before your appointment time, you will receive an email with a prompt to "join now." Simply click on that link and the video platform will launch.
Call us at 403-328-7325 to book your appointment either in-house or through telehealth.
At Peak Physical Therapy, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
The team @ Peak Physical Therapy